East Haven Mental Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Patient Record: Klaus Chapel

3 posters

Go down

Patient Record: Klaus Chapel Empty Patient Record: Klaus Chapel

Post  Sana Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:36 pm

Name: Klaus Chapel
Species: Human/Fennec
DOB: 1/13/1995
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 140 lb

Symptoms: Believes to see messages from unknown people in most written passages (occasionally attempts to hear things in song lyrics, though not as often). Suffers withdrawals when away from texts for too long. Incredibly anxious, possible paranoia.
Biography: Klaus lived a relatively normal life. As a child, he was extremely clingy to his parents and was always a bit strange as compared to other children, though it was always taken as eccentric behavior. Around age 10, his self esteem was steadily going down the drain due to his performance in school in addition to being unable to relate to his classmates. His teachers brought fourth his assignments to his parents to inform them that their child likely had a severe case of dyslexia, which was later confirmed by a psychologist, who recommended a more specialized school. Klaus effectively struck two birds with one stone; a school that catered to his needs, as well as a clean slate with his peers.

His parents around this time sought better jobs in order to pay for the new specialized school, reducing the time they spent with their son, but left money to spare.

Come high school, Klaus's mental state began to wane. Not only were the letters still mixing themselves together, but Klaus was claiming they spelled something out. Over time, his grades plummeted, Klaus attempting to solve the riddles rather than concentrating on his school work. Over time, he began to react in a panic whenever he was scolded for his behavior. Eventually, he would refuse to go to school in favor of unraveling the messages and finding the people after him. He dropped out of school at 17 due to poor grades and inability to function at school.

His parents attempted to care for him through homeschooling, though they were having difficulty even getting him to eat and sleep through his delusions, and sent him to East Haven for help.
Medical History: None.

Has the patient been referred by a court ruling?: (Is coming here their decision?): No, he was referred by his parents, whom made the suggestion by insisting they'd tracked his "stalkers" to the hospital.

Has the patient been previously diagnosed with any mental or health illnesses?: Severe Dyslexia.

Has the patient been known to harm them self or others (or both)?: No. He has been known to get extremely tense and enter a panic state, though no injuries to himself or others have been reported.

Privileged Patient?: No

Current Medications? Benzodiazepines, antipsychotics.
Sana
Sana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Patient Record: Klaus Chapel Empty Re: Patient Record: Klaus Chapel

Post  Mason Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:54 pm

Written by Mason Conrad:

The patient entered the check-in room and almost immediately showed his anxious and paranoid side. It was apparent that he did not trust me, nor did he truly understand why he was here. He suspects to find something or someone here, but it was never clarified what. Seeing his eagerness to return to his 'studies', which may be the deciphering of the messages he interprets in his texts, I offered to cut the intake short and have him searched before being shown to his room. The patient thought of this as a waste of his time, however, and stormed out the room. He was quickly caught by a guard, however, and was sedated in order for the search and samples to be done with ease.
Mason
Mason

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillian Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:28 pm

Klaus exhibited signs of extreme discomfort and anxiety from the moment I stepped through the door. I scheduled our session to be held in the day room in an attempt to keep more familiar and less threatening surroundings, but they didn't seem to make a difference. He seemed to relax once I gave him a word card to 'decipher', and he saw it as a "diagram" of the room and all the points that "they" were watching him from. I gave him a verbal riddle to solve, which he did easily, however, his guard went back up once I asked him to solve it in a written form. He was reluctant because he felt like he was being graded, so I'd recommend for anybody else seeing him to refrain from any sort of test-like activities.

I've also concluded that his obvious visual hallucinations are obstructing any attempts at moving further with any sort of therapy. I'm leaning very close to a diagnosis in paranoid schizophrenia, but further sessions are needed for a full conclusion.

Antipsychotics for the positive symptoms (hallucinations) and benzodiazepines for the anxiety are the recommended medications until further notice.

Last edited by Lillian on Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : More specific drug names)

Lillian

http://www.rprepository.com/c/lillian

Back to top Go down

Post  Sana Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:08 am

Patient is currently not present at asylum, possible escape. Search has begun.
Sana
Sana
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down